Axione teams delivered a radio mast by helicopter on behalf of Free Mobile on 2 July 2020 in the hills of Galéria (in the Haute-Corse department in northern Corsica) at an altitude of more than 400m.
The project is part of the New Deal scheme which aims to provide 3G and 4G network coverage for sites classified as “not-spots”, without a mobile network connection.
A helicopter was used to facilitate the transportation of equipment needed during the various stages of deployment to this isolated site. A compound installed high up in the mountains for the duration of works was used to accommodate the teams working on site.
The aesthetic design of the 4-tonne mast, which takes the form of a cross, is a first in France for Axione. The equipment, developed by mast-design specialist Kitting Telecom, shows that it is possible to integrate digital assets into the environment without disfiguring the landscape.
- Overall management of the project
- Coordination with subcontractors and supplier
- Commissioning for mobile network operators
- Mast maintenance
Axione’s added value
- Is a neutral player
- Ensures overall and centralised management of helicopter transportation projects
- Provides expertise in radio engineering and manages the interfaces with operators
- Operates simultaneously with other trades on site
- Collaborates with various players on a project
- Delivers projects on time and in line with required quality standards
Faster mobile connection in Corsica
3G and 4G connection for people living in an area without mobile coverage near Galéria in the Haute-Corse department in northern Corsica.